- Created on 30 December 2009
- Written by zedr0n
It's that time of the year again, so i had some time to work on pcsx2/mac, now with nice sound as well This update is about solving the missing textures problem that has been plaguing pcsx2/mac for ages.
The new build is as always available here. In other news, i'm putting a mac plugin repository up at pcsx2mac.net/downloads which will contain links to .dmg files with all available mac plugins, check it out.
Zerospu2 0.4.6 has been ported to mac using cross-platform Portaudio library, i recommend all users to use it
Zeydlitz has recently worked on z-buffer swizzling for the ZZOgl plugin and this has fixed a lot of missing textures problems for us. I also fixed some code in pcsx2 for ffx missing textures. Some shots:
- Created on 28 December 2009
- Written by generalplot
All things must come to an end. And despite my sincerest hopes, my participation in this project is no different. It's with a heavy heart, and with a feeling that some may consider a lack of love (which I assure all of you it is not), that I make the decision today to leave PCSX2 entirely and officially. There is no point in dragging out what must be done. My life demands far more from me than I will ever be able to dedicate to such a task as this, and while I hate to have to choose, when it comes down to it, I really have no choice. I can choose to live in solitude and continue on as always, or I can make a move forward in life and let go of one final link in the chain that has been holding me back. My love for this project and those involved in it for over 6 years now, and many I have come to know as people make this decision extremely difficult. I hate to walk away from something I love so much, and to see a true dream like seeing the PS2 virtualized and so close to our goal makes doing this even harder, but I have made up my mind. I need to move forward, and so I leave the legacy that is PCSX2 as part of my history. Being involved in a project so high profile is something I will always remember. Thanks to all those that have given me support throughout these years and to those that still believe in the same things I did over half a decade ago. Never give up on the dream to keep the reality alive: the PCSX2 team is accomplishing what Sony couldn't. Always remember the hard work that goes into such a project as this. As always, I will keep General Emulation going. Take care to all those I've met and those I haven't. I love all of you.
Thanks for the memories. - General Plot
- Created on 25 December 2009
- Written by Falcon4ever
On December 25th (I know... great timing >_> ), we will be switching our website to a new server. This means that the frontpage and the forums will be down for quite a while. The server will be taken offline around noon CET.
- Site backup (This could take a couple of hours)
- Transfer data (less than one hour)
- Restore the forums (less than one hour)
- Restore the frontend (less than one hour)
If no problems occur, the server should be back online at the end of the day (CET).
p.s. if you don't like Christmas, check jimmy's song for some tips on how to survive Christmas.
- Created on 07 September 2009
- Written by bositman
A lot is going on behind the scenes these days so without further ado here's our news:
- PCSX2 has a brand new GUI in development! We will be using wxWidgets for cross-platform compatibility and speedier dev cycles. However it won't be ready for beta for some time. For further info read the blog titled Measuring the Benefits of wxWidgets
- A Final beta has been released using the current PCSX2 GUI. It has tons of improvements over the old one, mainly on microVU which is now almost complete. Get it from our downloads section.
- First time we release a Linux beta, courtesy of Arcum42, found in the above link as well.
- Blog posts now allow user comments in our forum! Discussions surrounding the development part of PCSX2 are going strong in the new forum
- Major work on the site even if you can't see it. New Guide page, updated About, updated Contact, all pages XHTML valid, Compatibility list filter/go button fixed and cross-browser compatibility.
- New, extremely detailed Compile Wiki, courtesy of n1ckn4m3.
- New forum plugins, added recaptcha 2 for spam protection, auto image resizing,users browsing thread and favorite icon. Fixes for the Dark theme, which should now look perfect in all browsers
As development of the new GUI is currently under way, the trunk of our SVN will have a very alpha PCSX2 which you should only use for testing or just out of curiosity. For a bleeding edge usable PCSX2 for the time being use the last released beta.
That's all for now
- Created on 05 August 2009
- Written by cottonvibes
The pcsx2 logo design competition ended a while ago, and we had a lot of great submissions (check them out here).
After weeks of voting, we were finally able to narrow down the winners:
New Logo by Nanxo:
New About Box Pic submitted by Tayfun and created by ongakujunkie:
New Icon by Jeonkz (modded for transparency by Air):
New favicon for Portal and Forums by NeoCloudstrife:
We decided the 2nd place in the icon competition would be used as the small favicon sites have when you bookmark them,on the portal and forums, since we did not have one
So congratulations to Nanxo, Tayfun, Jeonkz and NeoCloudstrife for their awesome designs! And many thanks to all who entered, there were many great designs and it was hard picking the winners!
Look forward to seeing these new designs in our next official release with our new wxWidgets GUI!