- Created on 05 August 2009
- Written by cottonvibes
The pcsx2 logo design competition ended a while ago, and we had a lot of great submissions (check them out here).
After weeks of voting, we were finally able to narrow down the winners:
New Logo by Nanxo:
New About Box Pic submitted by Tayfun and created by ongakujunkie:
New Icon by Jeonkz (modded for transparency by Air):
New favicon for Portal and Forums by NeoCloudstrife:
We decided the 2nd place in the icon competition would be used as the small favicon sites have when you bookmark them,on the portal and forums, since we did not have one
So congratulations to Nanxo, Tayfun, Jeonkz and NeoCloudstrife for their awesome designs! And many thanks to all who entered, there were many great designs and it was hard picking the winners!
Look forward to seeing these new designs in our next official release with our new wxWidgets GUI!
- Created on 08 July 2009
- Written by Falcon4ever
On July 25th, we will be performing maintenance to our dedicated server. The server will be taken down at 11:00 CET. This means that the frontend and the forums will be offline.
- Site backup (This could take a couple of hours)
- Fresh install of Ubuntu (This could take a couple of hours)
- Restore the forums (less than one hour)
- Restore the frontend (less than one hour)
If no problems occur, the server should be back online at the end of the day (CET).
*edit 26th - 21:20 CET*
And we're back online!
It took a bit longer than expected (blame ref ) but hopefully everything is working now.
- Created on 04 July 2009
- Written by Air
The Logo Contest has been closed and the final round of voting is in progress. The winner of the contest will be announced here when voting has completed.
Again we want to thank everyone who submitted logos for the contest. The contest turned out to be a huge success. There were a lot of really great entries to pick from, and the next release of PCSX2 is sure to look great.
- Created on 05 April 2009
- Written by bositman
As many people that actively check our SVN know, we are in the process of a completely new cross-platform GUI for PCSX2.
But it would be quite dull to have a new GUI without a new logo, so we decided a fun thing to do would be to have a logo designing contest where people can show us their skills, and make the next official logo for PCSX2!
The contest rules are simple:
- Due by June 5th, 2009, but users can submit entries early in the PCSX2 Logo Design Entries thread.
- The contest is free for anyone to enter, including people affiliated with the project.
- You may enter as many entries as you like (though only one entry will be chosen.)
- Winner will get their logo in our next release, and will be credited for their logo in our "about dialog."
- Winner will be decided by PCSX2 team (in the event that the PCSX2 team likes our current logo better than the entries, we will have no winner)
- Logo must contain the word 'PCSX2' (font/format/color is up to the designer)
- Logo should be of reasonable size (our current logo is 380x180px, so size should be roughly similar)
- Logo entry can be a modification of our current logo.
- Logo should be submitted as a .png file.
- You may submit an optional 64x64px Icon with your logo to be used as PCSX2's new icon (also should be a .png file).
- All entries will be released under a Creative Commons license.
- No copyrighted images may be used in the entries.
Tip for Icons:
* Icons should be 64x64, but must look good at 32x32 and 16x16. Explained:
Typically users will see 32x32 or 16x16 versions of icons (these are shown in start menu, quick launch, etc). So for a 64x64 icon to be usable it must scale well to 32x32 or 16x16. Alternatively you can prepare an entire icon package, with special versions of an icon at each size: 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, and 16x16. This way you can ensure icons look as intended at each size.
So good luck! You can post your application in this thread HERE
On other news,the PCSX2 guide has been fully updated for 0.9.6. So now it's the best time if someone wants to translate it to another language. You can submit your application in this thread HERE if the spot for that language is still open
- Created on 01 March 2009
- Written by bositman
After nearly 16 months, here comes a new Pcsx2 version. Pcsx2 0.9.6
These months were somewhat problematic for pcsx2, due to an initial slowdown of the development process. Then, last fall, the Playground branch was created, and development picked up again. Finally, with the merge of Pcsx2 and Pcsx2 playground, the emulator's development returned once again as it was before, and now we can give you a release which should (we hope!) leave you happy.
We would like to thank everyone that was still waiting for a release, and coming to our forums. We would also like to thank everyone to encouraged and otherwise supported us. This release is especially for you.
Important note: you NEED to update DirectX or you won't be able to use the emulator! You can do it with either of the links below:
THIS --- DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
or THIS --- DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009)
What's new in 0.9.6?
- Huge rewrite, mainly from the new members of the Playground branch! Too many speedups, optimizations and other fixes to write here! Many famous games will now work.
- Dropped VM build replaced by the all new Vtlb, meaning no more 'Cannot allocate memory' errors at start up, more accurate emulation, slightly lower speeds but with many optimizations to come
- Full memcard support, working in all games
- Improved Frameskip/VU-skip
- Special Game Fixes Section
- Advanced Options Section for custom tweaking VU/FPU behavior.
- Rewritten Multithreaded GS (MTGS) mode, with as much as 15% speedup for HT machines (only 3-5% for Dual Core), and fixes many instabilities.
- Improved VU/FPU Flags and Clamping support (helps fix odd behaviors and SPS in some games)
- Improved EE/IOP synchronization (fixes many freeze-ups and vmhacks).
- Improved CDVD support.
The older versions will NOT be supported in our forums,so 0.9.4,0.9.5 and playground are not supported anymore
Digg the news by clicking HERE!
Grab the 0.9.6 installer: HERE (3.8mb, msi format), or use a mirror listed below if pcsx2.net is slow.
For the 7zip alternate package (2.5mb), Linux binaries, and source code packages check our downloads page HERE.
Additional download mirrors kindly provided by: GoogleCode and EmuDev