Hey guys, In light of recent fixes and additions we prepared a new SPU2-X release for you 😊
This one focuses on SPU2 emulation accuracy but there’s also the much requested volume adjustment feature included. You can now try a fake SPU2 reverb mode that may sound better than the (still somewhat broken) original reverb.
- Reverb engine reviewed and mostly rewritten.
- Initialization modified to reflect test results, including a critical portion of the BIOS initialization sequence to support fast boot.
- Hardware reset feature removed because tests failed to prove its existence.
- Possible null pointer access eliminated.
- Added support for reading KON and KOF registers, which is used in the BIOS.
- Improved voice loop logic based on tests.
- Constantly mix the input area and generate IRQs from accessing it.
Among the fixed games are titles such as:
- F1 2005
- Burnout in-game music
- Tomb Raider (the whole series)
- Spyro the Dragon
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy
- Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2
Hope you enjoy, and please report all (new) bugs if you find them!