- Created: 13 November 2007
- Written by refraction
Just a quick one, now i'm not suffering so badly from post traumatic release disorder, I thought I better just make a note saying to you guys the release builds were updated yesterday (if you didn't realize there was edit's) due to a bug making the TLB release extremely slow. This has now been fixed.
I have just updated the packs again to include Linuz ISO plugin version 0.7.0, seems we accidentally packed 0.6.0 with the earlier builds! sorry about that!
If you already have the slowness bug fixes (or you only use VM), you can download the Linuz ISO plugin update from our plugin downloads section, else feel free to redownload the packs, preferably from the mirror, as some of you may have noticed due to the volume of downloads we had, the site was grinding to a halt!
Thanks and enjoy 0.9.4
PS: Guide to getting online coming soon (a proper one). As linked in the last post there is a simple guide with the basic steps you need to take in order to get up and running, but i will do a more detailed one later for those who don't quite understand
- Created: 11 November 2007
- Written by refraction
Well ladies and gents, here it is, the brand spanking new PCSX2 0.9.4. We have lots of new stuff for you people to try out, some of the major features included in this release are:
- ZeroSPU2 - new SPU2 plugin from zerofrog. It is the most stable SPU2 plugin. Also has a time-scaling feature which slows down sound when the frame rate is too low (instead of hearing popping sounds). The time-scaling feature works best under Windows, but is also implemented in Linux. This new plugin also fixes the voices on the Japanese release of Final Fantasy X
- VU recompilers - games like Kingdom Hearts II, Metal Gear Solid III, and Katamari Damacy are now playable.
- ZeroGS 0.97 - ZeroGS DirectX has gone open source! You can download it from sourceforge. A lot of bug fixes in this release and the added support of AA modes up to x16! One new feature is the ability to tweak ZeroGS options, which were internal up to these release. Read more about this feature in the help guide for how to patch up games.
- Path3 GS fixes - Fixes corrupting textures on many games.
- Memory Card Fixes - Now you can save your games in games like Resident Evil 4 and others which refused to see memorycards!
- Dual Layer DVD reading support for games like Xenosaga.
- Network Play! Enjoy playing your favorite online game with PS2 Players. (WinPCap Required), You can read up on how to do it by following this link here
- Windows x64 and Linux x86-64 support - The recompilers are not optimized yet, so don't expect major speed improvements. However, pcsx2 can now natively run on these platforms as well as the x86 platforms. For Windows, we recommend you stick to the 32bit build rather than the 64bit one.
- Real Time Clock - Silly as it may seem, this actually makes Metal Gear Solid 3 and Katamari Damacy work, plus your ps2 says the actual time!
Linux users, you can grab the source from the download section, or on sourceforge here.
The rest of you, you can download your preferred version from this link provided by Generalemu
Or from our official download section, here!
If you get a d3dx9_36.dll not found error, you need to update your directx from here.
EDIT: There was a slight bug in the ZeroGS plugin. We've updated the binary and setup files. If you have a graphics that supports pixel shader 3.0, and zerogs reports it as 2.0, then grab the new files.
EDIT2: There was another bug on TLB builds and x64 builds that made the emulator ~10-20% slower. It has been fixed now. If you are not on windows xp using the VM build, please get the new setup (or update sourceforge rev 196). Thanks!
- Created: 09 November 2007
- Written by refraction
Gabest popped on to the forums yesterday to release a new version of his plugin, notable changes being:
This version fixes a few things like shaking/interlacing
MTGS crash fix
Software rendering reaching about 10-20% higher framerate
Do note this version requires Pixel Shader 2 and SSE2. Unfortunately the Pixel Shader thing can no longer be helped due to microsoft removing Pixelshader 1.1 and 1.4 support from DirectX, so for those without, this is an omen to update your graphics card
You can grab it from here
To discuss or get support, you can do so here
- Created: 05 September 2007
- Written by Falcon4ever
It seems like our developers are on steroids, there has been so many progress in the last few days (netplay and usb keyboard support).
Of course betatesters do not sit still either, since Monster Hunter is not the only game which supports online gaming. We have tried to find other games supporting netplay as well.
By comparing the list of netplay capable games (wiki!) with our PCSX2 compatibility list, we found that the game XIII would be a good candidate.
The game itself is fully playable at reasonable speeds in the single player mode.
Trying our luck with the same dev9 plugin (netplay) did not give us the results we hoped for. Authentication went smooth however account creation kept failing over and over again.
Fortunately gigaherz and drkIIRaziel worked together trying to solve this issue. After the plugin was rewritten they managed to fix the problem.
(hmm... that deathmatch versus drkIIRaziel went not the way as I hoped )
- Created: 04 September 2007
- Written by CKemu
Work towards PCSX2 0.9.4 continues at a steady pace! GiGaHeRz has done significant work towards USB emulation, and we now have keyboard support!
When going online with PCSX2, or even a real PS2, chat and general team work requires you type to other players, thus GiGaHeRz was inspired to work on the USB side of PS2 emulation and bring us working keyboard support!
You don't even need a USB keyboard plugged into your PC, it can be any type of keyboard Of course this required us to test (play) even more Monster Hunter together...*ahem*
You may be wondering why the first word in the news post is just a bunch of stars? Well it seems Capcom like any sensible network game developer, censor certain words, however whilst 'testing' PCSX2 we soon found that the word after is censored in the game, whats even funnier, the word wanker isn't! (gasp, swearing on news page!)
Video and yet more shots of our exploits, the video certainly makes me chuckle
(Poor old Falcon4ever mwhahahar)
For more screenshots you can grab this screenshot pack (5.12 mb) here