- Created: 07 September 2009
- Written by bositman
A lot is going on behind the scenes these days so without further ado here's our news:
- PCSX2 has a brand new GUI in development! We will be using wxWidgets for cross-platform compatibility and speedier dev cycles. However it won't be ready for beta for some time. For further info read the blog titled Measuring the Benefits of wxWidgets
- A Final beta has been released using the current PCSX2 GUI. It has tons of improvements over the old one, mainly on microVU which is now almost complete. Get it from our downloads section.
- First time we release a Linux beta, courtesy of Arcum42, found in the above link as well.
- Blog posts now allow user comments in our forum! Discussions surrounding the development part of PCSX2 are going strong in the new forum
- Major work on the site even if you can't see it. New Guide page, updated About, updated Contact, all pages XHTML valid, Compatibility list filter/go button fixed and cross-browser compatibility.
- New, extremely detailed Compile Wiki, courtesy of n1ckn4m3.
- New forum plugins, added recaptcha 2 for spam protection, auto image resizing,users browsing thread and favorite icon. Fixes for the Dark theme, which should now look perfect in all browsers
As development of the new GUI is currently under way, the trunk of our SVN will have a very alpha PCSX2 which you should only use for testing or just out of curiosity. For a bleeding edge usable PCSX2 for the time being use the last released beta.
That's all for now
- Created: 05 August 2009
- Written by cottonvibes
The pcsx2 logo design competition ended a while ago, and we had a lot of great submissions (check them out here).
After weeks of voting, we were finally able to narrow down the winners:
New Logo by Nanxo:
New About Box Pic submitted by Tayfun and created by ongakujunkie:
New Icon by Jeonkz (modded for transparency by Air):
New favicon for Portal and Forums by NeoCloudstrife:
We decided the 2nd place in the icon competition would be used as the small favicon sites have when you bookmark them,on the portal and forums, since we did not have one
So congratulations to Nanxo, Tayfun, Jeonkz and NeoCloudstrife for their awesome designs! And many thanks to all who entered, there were many great designs and it was hard picking the winners!
Look forward to seeing these new designs in our next official release with our new wxWidgets GUI!
- Created: 08 July 2009
- Written by Falcon4ever
On July 25th, we will be performing maintenance to our dedicated server. The server will be taken down at 11:00 CET. This means that the frontend and the forums will be offline.
- Site backup (This could take a couple of hours)
- Fresh install of Ubuntu (This could take a couple of hours)
- Restore the forums (less than one hour)
- Restore the frontend (less than one hour)
If no problems occur, the server should be back online at the end of the day (CET).
*edit 26th - 21:20 CET*
And we're back online!
It took a bit longer than expected (blame ref ) but hopefully everything is working now.
- Created: 04 July 2009
- Written by Jake Stine
The Logo Contest has been closed and the final round of voting is in progress. The winner of the contest will be announced here when voting has completed.
Again we want to thank everyone who submitted logos for the contest. The contest turned out to be a huge success. There were a lot of really great entries to pick from, and the next release of PCSX2 is sure to look great.
- Created: 05 April 2009
- Written by bositman
As many people that actively check our SVN know, we are in the process of a completely new cross-platform GUI for PCSX2.
But it would be quite dull to have a new GUI without a new logo, so we decided a fun thing to do would be to have a logo designing contest where people can show us their skills, and make the next official logo for PCSX2!
The contest rules are simple:
- Due by June 5th, 2009, but users can submit entries early in the PCSX2 Logo Design Entries thread.
- The contest is free for anyone to enter, including people affiliated with the project.
- You may enter as many entries as you like (though only one entry will be chosen.)
- Winner will get their logo in our next release, and will be credited for their logo in our "about dialog."
- Winner will be decided by PCSX2 team (in the event that the PCSX2 team likes our current logo better than the entries, we will have no winner)
- Logo must contain the word 'PCSX2' (font/format/color is up to the designer)
- Logo should be of reasonable size (our current logo is 380x180px, so size should be roughly similar)
- Logo entry can be a modification of our current logo.
- Logo should be submitted as a .png file.
- You may submit an optional 64x64px Icon with your logo to be used as PCSX2's new icon (also should be a .png file).
- All entries will be released under a Creative Commons license.
- No copyrighted images may be used in the entries.
Tip for Icons:
* Icons should be 64x64, but must look good at 32x32 and 16x16. Explained:
Typically users will see 32x32 or 16x16 versions of icons (these are shown in start menu, quick launch, etc). So for a 64x64 icon to be usable it must scale well to 32x32 or 16x16. Alternatively you can prepare an entire icon package, with special versions of an icon at each size: 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, and 16x16. This way you can ensure icons look as intended at each size.
So good luck! You can post your application in this thread HERE
On other news,the PCSX2 guide has been fully updated for 0.9.6. So now it's the best time if someone wants to translate it to another language. You can submit your application in this thread HERE if the spot for that language is still open