- Created on 11 November 2010
- Written by Falcon4ever
Tomorrow (12/11/2010) we will move the site to another server.
The current server will be taken down in the morning (CET). This means that the portal and forums will be offline.
If no problems occur, the site should be back online at the end of the day (CET). Because we are switching servers, we will also need to update the DNS entries. It might take some time before these resolve correctly.
EDIT: 02:00 PM / CET
We should be back online, in case your DNS server has not been updated yet you can add the following entries to your hosts file:
- Created on 30 October 2010
- Written by bositman
I finally got around updating the now (huge) configuration guide for the new beta version of PCSX2 v0.9.7!
You can read it here.
As usual, we would love to have as many translations as possible, so if you are up to it, please apply here.
We also revamped our video section with 11 new gameplay videos using 0.9.7 courtesy of yours truly, Shadow Lady, Rudy_X and rama. The downloads are available via torrents (click the download button on the right) which you can grab from our videos section here. As usual please help us seed as much as possible!
We will also consider accepting user created videos to host them on our torrent tracker in the future
That's all for now!
- Created on 17 October 2010
- Written by Falcon4ever
Our server will be under maintenance, so we can reorganize the way it is set up, upgrade our OS and fix stuff here and there
We hope downtime will only be for tomorrow October 18th and the day after, the 19th but these things have a habit of going horribly wrong so no promises!
Note that this includes our forum.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we hope the changes will make the site and forums faster and more efficient
* update *
Falc: Website and forums should be up and running! There might still be minor issues, don't forget to report them in: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Scheduled-downtime
- Created on 05 October 2010
- Written by rama
today we make the second 0.9.7 beta release available: PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)!
The 0.9.7 series is marked as unstable/beta, meaning it still has some known bugs
and unimplemented features but it is fully supported by the PCSX2 team.
We've spent the last months on various aspects of the emulator, adding to the awesome progress seen in beta 1.
This release has been compiled with extensive optimizations, so you can expect a small speedup over r3113
Here's some of the changes:
- Gui work: threading, layout and stability have been improved.
- Some of the reported .ini writing issues should be fixed now.
- Game database: bug fixes, more entries, compatibility hints for pcsx2.
- Automated patching enabled now: known fixes/settings for some games can be enabled automatically.
- Emulation fixes to microVU.
- VIF/GIF work: Slightly faster and more compatible.
- Much work on GIFPath ordering issues. many games with previously flickering textures should work better.
- IPU retooled and optimized: A bit faster, a bit more compatible and much more sane (no more coroutines).
- Removed hazardous MMX/XMMregister freeze/restore. Speedup and stability is improved.
- Savestates are now free of memory leaks.
- Disk swapping works on a few games now (not all yet though).
- New "fast CDVD" speedhack. Load levels as fast as possible!
- Console logging is now configurable to be as verbose as in developer builds.
- Commandline support.
- A lot of other small tweaks and additions.
We again provide 3 versions. A full installer, a web installer and a binary package.
Full installer [12.0mb]: Download
Web installer [2.87mb]: Download
Binaries [2.92mb / 7zip]: Download
(NOTE: Full installer includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which is ideal for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if your computer doesn't already have them installed.)
There's also a launchpad version for Debian / Ubuntu x86 available here.
Archive [6.82mb / 7zip]: Download
- Created on 09 August 2010
- Written by rama
We've made some important changes to GSdx and SPU2-X concerning bugfixes, stability, and emulation correctness. It's best to use these with the PCSX2 0.9.7.r3113 beta release.
Head over to the beta downloads section to grab the 7z archive with the upgraded plugins. To upgrade, extract into your PCSX2 plugins folder and then select them from PCSX2's plugin selector.
- Better DirectX 11 detection.
- Wrong colors in the movie record feature fixed.
- More CRCs for automatic post process removal.
- Stability fixes and preparation work for future PCSX2 revisions.
- Finally fixed the remaining DirectX 11 memory leaks on emulator suspends!
- Major bugfix that prevented SPU2-X from initializing on many users systems.
- More accurate emulation regarding double interrupts.
- Fixed minor volume issues and doubled output volume.
- Fixed a write-back issue that had caused memory corruption before.
Now the Tales of Destiny 2 sound test has a working visual equalizer.
- Mostly fixed voice modulation (used in Romancing Saga and FFX battles).
- Clamp illegal pitch settings, fixing another bunch of games.
- Hopefully fixed bad reverb area problems.