- Created: 08 February 2015
- Written by Gregory
Hello guys, here are some news on the Linux front. Yes I know, I ought to do that more regularly
In short progress is slow but steady
* A port to wxWidget 3.0 was done recently, mostly because Debian will drop wxWidget 2.8 . It is enabled by default but wx2.8 is still there, you can restore is with the -DWX28_API=TRUE build option.
- Most of regressions were fixed so it will work as bad as before No I'm kidding, it actually works better on my PC. Feel free to test it.
- Unfortunately Windows is still blocked to wx2.8, contributions are welcome (first step is to add a wx3.0 library build)
- Some wxWidget libraries depend on GTK3. PCSX2 code was updated to support GTK3 but wxWidget is not as stable as expected. Nevertheless, you can enable GTK3 with the -DGTK3_API=TRUE build option (debug build only).
* Better support of cross-building (thanks to Micove). Cmake used to select wrong libraries between lib32/lib64/lib/...
- You need to use this new option on 64 bits machines -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cmake/linux-compiler-i386-multilib.cmake
- Note: build.sh will do it by default, so just build.sh
* Support of AVX
- code is now compiled with -march=native to support all optimizations of your CPU. It can be disabled with the -DISABLE_ADVANCE_SIMD=TRUE build option (for example distribution or inside VM)
- Note: GSdx (Linux) needs a couple of updates to support SSE4x. Again contributions are welcome, check this issue https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/438
* New (nearly) playable game: Bouken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon
- Full support of MMU with the interpreter, and a dedicated game-fix for the recompiler
- No more TLB misses! (full story will be posted in http://pcsx2.net/developer-blog.html in coming weeks).
- Crashes are reported on GSdx windows not sure on Linux.
* Finally, Ubuntu PPA is up to date with the latest feature. However, Ubuntu 12.04 support is discontinued!
Ongoing work (aka the plan for the next months):
* port lilypad to Linux
- It will bring Force Feedback, MultiTap and it might work better in several games.
- I'm close to have keyboard support but help would be appreciated to build a full GUI. Please contact us if you are interested.
* port GSdx to openGL 4.5
- A long time ago, I planned to update the code to support GL_ARB_direct_state_access. It was postponed because no official driver supported it.
Last but not least, thanks to all contributors. Even the smallest patches are a big help.