- Created: 06 September 2006
- Written by CKemu
Current WIP on the PCSX2 0.9.2 beta has led to the PAL (SCES 5049x) version of Final Fantasy X being Playable. Thanks to a variety of fixes made by various members of the team, including;
- MTGS / DC mode stability - Great for Dual Core / CPU users!
- IPU fixes, including fully working sound in videos
- Pause and sync issues, no more random hangs, looping etc
- SPU2 fixes, including ADMA, and timing related issues.
With MTGS (Multi Threaded GS) / DC (Dual Core) features gaining improved stability, the game can be played at 'enjoyable' speeds, ranging from a base speed of 29 FPS in the most intense areas, right up to the peak speeds of over 140 FPS.
This means that the US, Japanese and finally the European versions of Final Fantasy X are fully playable!
Enjoy the shots posted on the PCSX2 official forums! here
 Speed based on:
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 2.2GHz | 1GB RAM | Any PS2.0 supporting GPU