- Created: 18 November 2006
- Written by CKemu
PCSX2 0.9.2 is here!
This release brings several important changes to PCSX2, enhancing compatibility and adding several new aspects to the emulator.
- ADMA has been added to PCSX2, most (if not all) game videos will playback audio, many games now have their music and speech effects. Unlike some, we think games need sound.
- Counter fixes stopping games hitting long pause syndrome, or crashing.
- Enhanced MTGS / DC stability, great for those with Dual Core CPUs.
- IPU improvements, more game videos will now run.
- VIF fixes, allowing for many games to run or look better.
- VUrec fixes, improving ingame graphics when under VU recompilation
Also included with this release is the new Patch Browser and Patch Finder, the patch browser, allows you to search memory with the tools and functions you would be used to with a cheat searcher.
The Patch Browser will allow you to enable and disable parts of the patch during gameplay, e.g. enabling Infinite Lives etc!
HOWEVER!! - These features are not completed yet, enumerator's and other features are not present, and the patch browser lacks functionality! You can still use the patch finder, and an example XML file with notes is included with this release (in the root dir of PCSX2), and the new format XML files can be used by PCSX2!
PCSX2 0.9.2 also comes with a new zeroGS plugin, which increases graphical support for several games and fixes some of the bugs found in the previous version(s).
We're going to save ourselves some hassle next! We're aware many people want to play Final Fantasy X on PCSX2, as you maybe aware the game is now fully playable, however we would like to make two very important notes:
- PEOPS CDVD plugin must be used!
- MTGS can cause some crashes, they are rare, but if the game crashes, switch to single core mode for awhile!
We are releasing via torrent initially, please seed for as long as possible, we recommend uTorrent as a client! Direct download from the site will be available once initial flood has hit!
Enjoy this release!
::Official Screenshots Thread - Post your shots from PCSX2 0.9.2 here!
::Files Pack - 7zip format, grab 7zip from www.7-zip.org
::Installer Pack - Executable installer, for the lazy types!