- Created: 11 November 2007
- Written by refraction
Well ladies and gents, here it is, the brand spanking new PCSX2 0.9.4. We have lots of new stuff for you people to try out, some of the major features included in this release are:
- ZeroSPU2 - new SPU2 plugin from zerofrog. It is the most stable SPU2 plugin. Also has a time-scaling feature which slows down sound when the frame rate is too low (instead of hearing popping sounds). The time-scaling feature works best under Windows, but is also implemented in Linux. This new plugin also fixes the voices on the Japanese release of Final Fantasy X
- VU recompilers - games like Kingdom Hearts II, Metal Gear Solid III, and Katamari Damacy are now playable.
- ZeroGS 0.97 - ZeroGS DirectX has gone open source! You can download it from sourceforge. A lot of bug fixes in this release and the added support of AA modes up to x16! One new feature is the ability to tweak ZeroGS options, which were internal up to these release. Read more about this feature in the help guide for how to patch up games.
- Path3 GS fixes - Fixes corrupting textures on many games.
- Memory Card Fixes - Now you can save your games in games like Resident Evil 4 and others which refused to see memorycards!
- Dual Layer DVD reading support for games like Xenosaga.
- Network Play! Enjoy playing your favorite online game with PS2 Players. (WinPCap Required), You can read up on how to do it by following this link here
- Windows x64 and Linux x86-64 support - The recompilers are not optimized yet, so don't expect major speed improvements. However, pcsx2 can now natively run on these platforms as well as the x86 platforms. For Windows, we recommend you stick to the 32bit build rather than the 64bit one.
- Real Time Clock - Silly as it may seem, this actually makes Metal Gear Solid 3 and Katamari Damacy work, plus your ps2 says the actual time!
Linux users, you can grab the source from the download section, or on sourceforge here.
The rest of you, you can download your preferred version from this link provided by Generalemu
Or from our official download section, here!
If you get a d3dx9_36.dll not found error, you need to update your directx from here.
EDIT: There was a slight bug in the ZeroGS plugin. We've updated the binary and setup files. If you have a graphics that supports pixel shader 3.0, and zerogs reports it as 2.0, then grab the new files.
EDIT2: There was another bug on TLB builds and x64 builds that made the emulator ~10-20% slower. It has been fixed now. If you are not on windows xp using the VM build, please get the new setup (or update sourceforge rev 196). Thanks!