- Created on 05 April 2009
- Written by bositman
As many people that actively check our SVN know, we are in the process of a completely new cross-platform GUI for PCSX2.
But it would be quite dull to have a new GUI without a new logo, so we decided a fun thing to do would be to have a logo designing contest where people can show us their skills, and make the next official logo for PCSX2!
The contest rules are simple:
- Due by June 5th, 2009, but users can submit entries early in the PCSX2 Logo Design Entries thread.
- The contest is free for anyone to enter, including people affiliated with the project.
- You may enter as many entries as you like (though only one entry will be chosen.)
- Winner will get their logo in our next release, and will be credited for their logo in our "about dialog."
- Winner will be decided by PCSX2 team (in the event that the PCSX2 team likes our current logo better than the entries, we will have no winner)
- Logo must contain the word 'PCSX2' (font/format/color is up to the designer)
- Logo should be of reasonable size (our current logo is 380x180px, so size should be roughly similar)
- Logo entry can be a modification of our current logo.
- Logo should be submitted as a .png file.
- You may submit an optional 64x64px Icon with your logo to be used as PCSX2's new icon (also should be a .png file).
- All entries will be released under a Creative Commons license.
- No copyrighted images may be used in the entries.
Tip for Icons:
* Icons should be 64x64, but must look good at 32x32 and 16x16. Explained:
Typically users will see 32x32 or 16x16 versions of icons (these are shown in start menu, quick launch, etc). So for a 64x64 icon to be usable it must scale well to 32x32 or 16x16. Alternatively you can prepare an entire icon package, with special versions of an icon at each size: 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, and 16x16. This way you can ensure icons look as intended at each size.
So good luck! You can post your application in this thread HERE
On other news,the PCSX2 guide has been fully updated for 0.9.6. So now it's the best time if someone wants to translate it to another language. You can submit your application in this thread HERE if the spot for that language is still open