- Created: 05 October 2010
- Written by rama
today we make the second 0.9.7 beta release available: PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)!
The 0.9.7 series is marked as unstable/beta, meaning it still has some known bugs
and unimplemented features but it is fully supported by the PCSX2 team.
We've spent the last months on various aspects of the emulator, adding to the awesome progress seen in beta 1.
This release has been compiled with extensive optimizations, so you can expect a small speedup over r3113
Here's some of the changes:
- Gui work: threading, layout and stability have been improved.
- Some of the reported .ini writing issues should be fixed now.
- Game database: bug fixes, more entries, compatibility hints for pcsx2.
- Automated patching enabled now: known fixes/settings for some games can be enabled automatically.
- Emulation fixes to microVU.
- VIF/GIF work: Slightly faster and more compatible.
- Much work on GIFPath ordering issues. many games with previously flickering textures should work better.
- IPU retooled and optimized: A bit faster, a bit more compatible and much more sane (no more coroutines).
- Removed hazardous MMX/XMMregister freeze/restore. Speedup and stability is improved.
- Savestates are now free of memory leaks.
- Disk swapping works on a few games now (not all yet though).
- New "fast CDVD" speedhack. Load levels as fast as possible!
- Console logging is now configurable to be as verbose as in developer builds.
- Commandline support.
- A lot of other small tweaks and additions.
We again provide 3 versions. A full installer, a web installer and a binary package.
Full installer [12.0mb]: Download
Web installer [2.87mb]: Download
Binaries [2.92mb / 7zip]: Download
(NOTE: Full installer includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which is ideal for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if your computer doesn't already have them installed.)
There's also a launchpad version for Debian / Ubuntu x86 available here.
Archive [6.82mb / 7zip]: Download